APD, AN, MND, BAppSc (HM & HlthSt)
Jessica is an accredited practicing dietitian and nutritionist with a passion for helping people, using food as medicine. She believes in practicing what she preaches, and in addition to working in private practice, she is also a college lecturer in Adelaide, and a dietitian presenter for a number of South Australian urban and rural organisations.
Jessica has undertaken training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and counselling in order to enhance her skills as a dietitian. Her areas of specialty include:
- Coeliac disease
- Arthritis and gout
- Fatty liver disease
- Weight management
- Food intolerances (including fructose, lactose, histamine and amines, oxalates, salicylates)
- Child nutrition (including fussy eating)
- Eating disorders (including anorexia, emotional eating)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Inflammatory Bowel disease)
- Skin conditions (including acne, psoriasis)
- Women’s health (including polycystic ovarian syndrome, abnormal/absent menstruation, fertility)
She strongly believes in the power of nutrition, as she has witnessed, first-hand, countless cases of significantly improved health conditions and enhanced vitality using nutritional interventions. Her mission is to help individuals nourish their body, honour themselves and prosper in health.
The Choice of Living Health Centre is a Greenacres-based medical clinic that focuses on balancing the mind and body to achieve inner health. To achieve this, we facilitate a skilled team of multi-disciplinary health practitioners in order to deliver integrated patient care that fosters optimal health and well-being for the individual.